Sunday, November 2, 2014

My Season Will End with a Howl & a Brrrr

Whoa!  What a night for Winnie and me as we were buffeted with 35 mph winds that sent the wind chill temp down to 30 degrees.  Inside?  Cozy warm.  I turned back the clock one hour, slipped into bed to read, and finally dozed off.  I awoke well rested as the winds shook the RV only to find I napped for two hours.  It was 1:15 am and I was wide awake.  With my new Retiree's Clock and Vicki's motto in mind ("When the day of the week is more important than the hour of the day.") I got up and sort of started the day disregarding the time.  I've learned early in my retirement that you don't have to "fight" to get to sleep; there'll be time to "catch up".  Hot coffee and oatmeal with raisins hit the spot as I checked the depressing news on line, played games, and checked financials and email.  Then about 4:30 am or so, I got drowsy, crawled back under the covers and slept till 7:30; now it's business as usual.

First thing I wanted to do was capture Mother Nature doing her thing.  I seem to remember each year, near the end of the time when leaves change, there's always a few days of high winds.  I think Mother Nature pushes along those straggling dead leaves still attached to branches to clean up and prepare for the snow that will cover those very same branches.



And today?  Weather statement says:
..
STRONG WINDS TODAY AND COLD TEMPERATURES TONIGHT... 
WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING... 
FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 8 AM EST MONDAY 


* HAZARDS...STRONG WINDS TODAY AND FREEZING TEMPERATURES TONIGHT. 

* TEMPERATURES...AROUND 30 TONIGHT. 

* WINDS...NORTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH. 


* TIMING...STRONG WINDS TODAY. FREEZING TEMPERATURES LATE TONIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING. 

I am not optimistic about the video above playing as it should nor was I with the video of the goslings chasing their "mommy" in yesterday's post.  No one has mentioned whether it did or it didn't so I don't know.  Another thing noticed about this blog site is that folks who use Internet Explorer to read these posts see a much different view than those using Chrome.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks.  

1 comment:

  1. I am using Google Chrome. When I get your email, I click on the bottom link, which takes me directly to your Blog page. Here, I am able to see videos and leave comments. The video does not work in the email. I get a "download" arrow that just opens up a jpeg.

    Blustery day...

    ReplyDelete