Saturday, November 1, 2014

Winding Down the Season

With three days left to my 2014 Camping Season, I'm greeted with a breezy, rainy day.  With overcast skies and drizzle, I'm glad I didn't set up anything outside.  Such things include the extended awning, covers for the picnic table, large pad to help prevent tracking debris into the coach, my Coleman Sportster grill and the screened tent which is usually reserved for the summer bugs and insects.  I don't think any of them would dry out by Wednesday when I leave. 

Wednesday will be WWWW day (Winterizing Winnie on Wednesday for Winter).  My first attempt at an annual event for those who don't or cannot slip out of the northeast in time for the freezing temperatures due to arrive very soon.  The Winnebago manual lists the steps very nicely for me but as added insurance I'll have neighbor, Craig, available for consultation and assistance, if needed.  George, the smart one, will hi-tail it outta Dodge before having to do any of that stuff because he and Vicki will spend their new life's adventure in the south beginning December 2nd.

Simply put, it's a matter of removing the filter in the galley sink, draining all water lines--including the hot water tank-- and replacing with antifreeze; then filling the traps and holding tanks with antifreeze.  The protection will be short lived however, as I plan to reverse the procedure when I arrived in the warmer climate of the south in late January:  drain antifreeze and replace with fresh water.  Repeat in February when I return? Or will inclement weather "force me" to remain south?  We shall see.

Yesterday, as I peeked out, I caught an unusual sight:  3 young ducklings or goslings chasing and following a 6 or 7 year old everywhere she went.  I knew they weren't part of the park's "wildlife".  With camera in hand, I went over to watch and asked the mother for permission to film.  Turns out these three siblings were rejected by their mother and cared for by this family as she explains in  the video;




Cute as they are now, these Muscovies, or Scovies, and will lose their "cuteness" as adults.


Will take a break here for lunch and then post again later this afternoon.  I have some photos from my walk the other day that I want to share or at least include in my "journal."

No comments:

Post a Comment